Your reputation can be considered as being 'what people say about when you're not listening'.
Your reputation is as fragile as a soap bubble. It can take years to build and can be destroyed in an instant. This course shows you how to avoid pins.
- Recognising Risk
- Alertness and Monitoring
- Positive Action
- Being the Best
- How to build and manage a reputation both online and offline
- Recognising potential risks
- Building a reputation from first principles
- Monitoring your reputation
- Dealing with threats
- Online comments and reviews and who to respond
- The five essential techniques of reputation management
Alan is a reputation expert who was Past President of the Global Speakers Federation and is the director of MediaCoach. He is also an author and journalist, and both a TV presenter and expert interviewee. He has been speaking remotely since 1998, and created a Facebook group for fellow professionals who wish to speak remotely. It’s called, unsurprisingly, Remote Speaking. His clients include politicians, TV presenters and sports stars as well as companies including Virgin, Google, The Beverly Hills Hotel, BMW and Mumm Champagne. The Independent newspaper listed him as “one of the top 10 media experts in the UK”.