Your reputation can be considered as being 'what people say about when you're not listening'.
Your reputation is as fragile as a soap bubble. It can take years to build and can be destroyed in an instant. This course shows you how to avoid pins.
- Recognising Risk
- Alertness and Monitoring
- Positive Action
- Being the Best
- How to build and manage a reputation both online and offline
- Recognising potential risks
- Building a reputation from first principles
- Monitoring your reputation
- Dealing with threats
- Online comments and reviews and who to respond
- The five essential techniques of reputation management
Alan has been speaking professionally, on and off stage, for about 40 years. He has written a number of books on the subject, the most recent titled 'The Exceptional Speaker'. He is the most decorated public speaker in the world, having won more awards than any other speaker. He has been the President of the Global Speakers Federation as well as President of the National Speakers Federation in the UK. During his career he has worked with thousands of people and blue chip companies to help them improve their presentation skills.