You Will Learn
- Understand and apply different persuasive psychology techniques
- Understand different communication skills in psychology and how to use them to influence people
- Apply and enhance your communication and persuasion skills to get exactly what you want from someone
- Apply 'influencing' communication skills when you want to persuade or change someone’s mind
- Recall the 7 primary psychological drivers in humans
- Understand the basic concepts of behaviour and the formation of opinions
- Interpret body language and micro-expressions
- How to persuade and influence difficult people that won’t have their minds changed
- How to use persuasion and influence to better your relationships and generate empathy
Who Is The Course For?
- Professionals wanting to know how to improve business communication skills using persuasive psychological techniques
- Anyone wanting to know how to develop persuasion skills
- Anyone wanting to know how to improve influencing skills
- Anyone curious about the psychology of persuasion, influence and motivated communication
- Individuals looking to enhance their relationships with their loved ones, work colleagues and friends
- Anyone wanting to better relate to people through the generation of persuasion-based empathy
About The Course
Many believed that persuasion and influence were natural gifts that some people had, whilst others simply didn’t. Whilst it is true that some people are naturally good persuaders and excellent communicators, that doesn’t mean it can’t be taught.
This course will teach you all the communication and persuasion skills necessary to influence anybody. Some may argue that it is unethical to persuade people for personal gain, but that is only the case if it is done with bad intentions at heart. Persuasion can build empathy, can better the relationships you have with those around you, and can get you to places and experiences in life you once only dreamt of.
After a brief introduction with the course expert, Phillip Hesketh, you will learn the key concepts of human behaviour including the seven psychological drivers, the mechanics of conversation, first impressions and opinion formation.
Persuasion and influence are useless unless you can gauge how the other person is feeling. That is why reading body language is so important when it comes to applying communication and persuasion skills.
As well as learning how to deal with difficult people, you will also be taught about the universality of persuasion - specifically, how you can use it at work as well as home. Hesketh explains that companies and relationships follow the same course, and can be improved in a similar way using the right persuasive psychological techniques.
The course will finish off with a general overview of how you can get on better with everyone. Concepts such as trust building, linear probing and empathy are covered in extensive detail, giving you the right tools to become a master in business communication and steer your life in the direction you want.
Celebrated the world over for his ability to entertain and inspire, Philip Hesketh reveals powerful, life-changing techniques to persuade, influence and succeed in the workplace and in our personal lives.
Having taken a UK based advertising agency from zero to billings of £48m in 17 consecutive years of growth, he’s a successful business man and now a best-selling author of three books.
He’s one of the world’s most sought-after speakers and has inspired audiences and clients over a period of 20 years in over 20 countries to increase sales through understanding the psychology of value, hold higher prices and control conversations that, in turn, means building stronger relationships.
Unique for his real-world takeaways, he is current holder of Vistage UK’s ‘Outstanding Performer’, ‘Most Requested Speaker’ and TEC Australia’s ‘Overseas Speaker of The Year’ awards. He is a Visiting Fellow of Newcastle University.
StartFirst Impressions ~ How They’re Formed and How to Form a Good One (3:34)
StartThe ‘Facts, Feelings and After Effects’ of Every Conversation (5:54)
StartHow to Get People to Jump Through Hoops like a Dolphin (4:13)
StartThe Psychological Difference Between Persuasion and Influence (3:26)
StartThe Importance of Understanding How People Have Beliefs and How Placebos Work (4:18)